Safety and Security Standards of Space Systems, ground Segments and Satellite data assets, via prevention, detection, response and mitigation of physical and cyber threats
7SHIELD goal is a framework enabling the deployment of innovative services for cyber-physical protection of ground segments in space systems.
The project addresses the security and resilience of EU Ground Segments of Space Systems, with the massive amounts of data that they receive daily, and which increasingly appear as potential “new targets” for “new threats”, especially the hybrid ones (e.g. cyber-physical).
In particular, 7SHIELD aims at addressing complex threats by covering all the macro-stages of crisis management, namely pre-crisis, crisis and post-crises phases. Specifically, the early warning mechanism estimates the level of risk before the occurrence of a cyber or physical attack. During an attack, the detection and response is effective and efficient, taking into account budgetary constraints. A mitigation plan is designed and automatically updated to offer a quick recovery after an intentional attack or a system failure. Security and resilience of private installations of space ground segments are also supported by business continuity scenarios, building on top of an innovative orchestration of novel monitoring and forecasting technologies.
ResilTech will provide its expertise mainly in the following activities:
- Definition of methods for assessment cascading risks resulting from complex threats, to prevent physical and cyber threats and support pre-crisis management
- Leading activities regarding system security (both physical and cyber)
- Assisting the specification of user requirements and use cases design
- Collaborating in pilot implementation, user training, field demonstrations and testing activities
- Deployment of the market and exploitation plan of the project